Perfect PARCC Tips

By Jenna Sundel, Staff Writer

There are many words that makes student’s cringe, and one of them is PARCC. PARCC can be really stressful, so the Patriot Press has some tips to help you ace the PARCC!

The first tip is to manage our time well. If there is a really hard question, skip it and come back. Don’t spend all of your time on it. One of the tools is a “flag” tool, which will help you to remember which questions you skipped. Your proctor will most likely have the end time on the board, so make sure to check the clock every once in a while.

The second tip is to read the question carefully. If you just skim, you might not see that the question says, “Which of the following is NOT true?” Missing a word can sometimes affect the whole question. Also, pay attention to what type of question it is. If it is a question where you need to select all that apply, make sure you have more than one answer.

The third tip is to read every answer. The PARCC can sometimes feature very similar answers, but there might be one factor that makes the correct answer the best choice.

The fourth tip is to use your tools! As already mentioned, the flag tool is great for keeping track of which questions you skipped. The notes tool can help you to jot down thoughts or important details, which can be really helpful in the English section, especially for the essay. The highlight tool can help you remember the important details of a question or passage. The answer eliminator helps you to pay attention to relevant answers.

The fifth tip is to work things o on your scrap paper during the non calculator math section. Don’t try to do all the math in your head, which can be confusing. It’s easier to lay everything out on your paper.

The sixth tip is to not freak out if there are technical difficulties. Just call your proctor over and they will assist you.

The seventh tip is to take a practice test beforehand if you are feeling nervous. They are just like the actual PARCC.

The eighth tip is to get plenty of sleep and eat breakfast! Both of these things will give you plenty of energy to take the test.

“Make sure to focus and stay calm,” says sophomore Megan Kick, when asked if she had any tips for taking the PARCC.

The last tip is to remain calm and try your best! The Patriot Press wishes you good luck on the PARCC!