Surviving High School 101: Freshman Edition

By Hanna Qira and Samantha Vaught

With the school year in full swing, students here at WHHS are becoming comfortable with their school routines. With upperclassmen having 2-3 years of experience under their belts, some WHHS upperclassmen wanted to offer a couple tips to freshmen on adjusting to high school life. 

1. “You shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions in class because even though people look like they understand, they probably don’t.” Maggie Beams, junior.
  2. “Don’t procrastinate because you’re going to want to sleep.” Sarabeth Nemetz, sophomore.
  3. “Do good now so you you’re not struggling to get your grades up your junior year.” Stephanie Giannini, sophomore.
  4. “Enjoy it while it lasts, because the next four years go by fast.” Jake Belli, sophomore.
  5. “Be open to everyone in your class and become friends with them.” Mr. Kevin Grogard, freshman Algebra teacher.
  6. “Find a club or an activity that you can become apart of so you can find people with the same interests as you.” Mrs. Vallario, art teacher.
  7. “Work hard for your grades because it will impact your future and what college you will get into.” Suha Cho, sophomore.
  8. “Try your hardest the first year so you are prepared for the harder years.” Natalia Dominguez, sophomore.
  9. “It is good to join sports and clubs, but do not forget to make sure you have enough time for schoolwork.” Albros Awari, sophomore.
  10. “Don’t forget to have fun even though it can get hard and the workload can be more than you’re used to.” Olivia Minervini, sophomore.