Students Skip the Wait on Instant Decision Day

By Afi Ibragimov and Milana Shindelman

Instant Decision took place this Wednesday in the library and gave seniors answers on whether they were accepted into their top schools.

Representatives came from 17 local schools, including Ramapo, William Paterson, and Farleigh Dickinson, and interviewed students at different times throughout the day.

All the times were predetermined on a slip of paper that the students received at the beginning of the week. Each session took about 10 – 15 minutes long, and the students could meet with multiple schools.

Students handed in their applications two weeks in advance to their top schools. The representatives from each college evaluated the student’s application prior to visiting the school to answer the million dollar question of whether they were accepted.

During the meetings, the representatives discussed acceptance into the college, and various other topics pertaining to their interests inside and outside of school, what the students want to major in and why.

When asking about the benefits of participating in this program, Mrs. Mann a guidance counselor here at Wayne Hills, said that it gives “great opportunity for kids to get early decisions”. She also added that “knowing that you have something is nice before the holidays.”

Students also shared positive thoughts about this program. “The process was easy and a very fun experience because I got to know if I got into school as soon as possible,” said Sam Aiola, senior.