NBA Conference Finals Analysis

By Jonah Carleton, Staff Writer

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics

This series was looking like it was going to be very competitive and even before game one. The Cavaliers previously swept the number 1 seeded Toronto Raptors, with the outstanding help from LeBron James, including 40+ point night’s, and game winners, from arguably the best player on the planet. The Celtics have had a difficult season losing players, such as losing Gordon Hayward in the first five minutes of the season, and then Kyrie getting knee surgery late in the regular season. Although the Celtics have a great team without Kyrie and Hayward, Brad Stevens the head coach deserves a chunk of the credit. His rotations, out-of-bounds plays, late-game situation calls, are a big reason for their success. Celtics forward/center Al Horford said Brad Stevens is a genius, after a big playoff win over the Philadelphia 76ers. The Cavaliers, on the other hand, are dealing with many issues, including, little to no help for LeBron, locker room issues, etc. LeBron James in his last game against Boston, had over 40 points and a triple-double, and they still lost by double-digits. 4 players involved in the Kyrie Irving trade situation had 3 points combined, which is obviously showing that the deal was lopsided and the Cavs depth is overrated.

“ I think the Cavs will win the series because LeBron is the greatest of all time and he will turn up to the highest level when he really needs too. ” said sophomore Carlos Cespedes who is a huge LeBron fan

Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Game 1 of this series broke tv records across the country. This is a superstar infested series, containing Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green who are all from the Warriors. The Rockets have James Harden, Chris Paul, and Clint Capela. This series is tied 1-1, and it is expected by many analysts to go 6-7 games. After Houston traded for Chris Paul in the off-season, many did not think James Harden and Chris Paul would be able to share the ball, but they continued to prove doubters wrong, and they led the team to 65 wins on the regular season, which is the best in the NBA this regular season. The Warriors might have had the chance to surpass them if they did not have so many injuries over the course of the season. Kevin Durant is averaging over 35 points a game in this series, and we are seeing a diet Steph Curry, who hasn’t produced in the first two games. Draymond and Klay have played their roles the way they are supposed too, but we should see more from them. P.J Tucker on the Rockets, had a huge boost for the team in game 2, going 8-9 from the field and hitting 5 threes. He was utterly unstoppable in that game. This series is expected to be a great one, and we are all ready to see what happens.