The Patriot Press

Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Back to Article
Back to Article

Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

Junior Jason Kobrin, with the help of his Boy Scout Troop, recently organized a Toys For Tots drive at Wayne Hills, the first time Toys for Tots has collected at the school. He placed containers in a hallway outside the main office for donations and managed to gather around 60 toys.

The Toys for Tots Foundation is a national charity program run by the United States Marine Corps; it was founded by Major Bill Hendricks in 1947 in Los Angeles. According to the program’s website, “The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.” An impressive 97% of the charity’s proceeds go directly to children in need; the remaining 3% goes towards overhead.

Kobrin and his Boy Scout Troop delivered the toys to a local Marine Reserve Unit and from there, says Kobrin, “the toys were put on a train in Pompton Lakes where they will be distributed to kids in need.”

While Toys for Tots is new to Wayne Hills, it has long been a fixture of Wayne during the holiday season; among other places, Schuyler Colfax Middle has been collecting toys for many years.

This is not Kobrin’s first venture into charity work; as co-president of the Random Acts of Kindness Club (RAK), he frequently helps spread amity through the school and community.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Joe Mezza, Senior Editor

Joe Mezza, alongside Nick Tulino and Jenna Sundel, is a Senior Editor for the Patriot Press and has written for the paper since 2016. When not writing...

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Left
  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    National News

    College Football Playoff Preview

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    Health

    The Spread of E. Coli On Our Leafy Greens

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    Local News

    GoFundMe Scam

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    News

    How do Seniors Feel About Coming to Wayne Hills Everyday?

  • Humans of Wayne Hills

    The Wayne Hills Winter Guard starts their season.

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    International News

    Remembering President George H. W. Bush

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    Entertainment

    Fans Mourn the Death of Stephen Hillenburg

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    School News

    Photo Gallery 2018: How the Talented Youth Puts Art into Perspective

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    Opinion

    OP-ED: Cons of Block Schedules

  • Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills

    Humans of Wayne Hills

    Gorkowski Says Goodbye to Wayne Hills

Navigate Right
"Without an informed public, the democracy will cease to exist."
Jason Kobrin Brings Toys For Tots to Hills