Moves the NY Giants Should Make This Off-Season

Firing Head Coach Ben McAdoo is one way the Giants can set themselves up for success next season.

By Ethan Yuppa, Staff Writer

• SThe New York Giants are having a rough season in 2017-2018 as they are currently 2-10 and are going even more downhill from here as they are benching their franchise quarterback Eli Manning.  Obviously, the Giants need to make some major off-season moves; here are a few that could happen.

Let’s start with the staff of the Giants.  The Giants must get rid of Jerry Reese.  The only positive thing Jerry Reese has done for the Giants in the past couple of seasons was drafting Odell Beckham Jr.  The Giants have needed to improve their offensive line for years now.  In the last 4 seasons, they have only made it to the wild-card round once.  Reese is a terrible fit for the organization as he does not improve any of the Giants weak points.

The Giants also need to get rid of Ben McAdoo.  McAdoo treats Odell like he is a king and takes all the Giants problems out on Eli.  McAdoo is immature and does not know how to run a team.

If the Giants have a Top three pick, they should go after Sam Darnold, a quarterback from USC.  Darnold capped his redshirt freshman year with one of the all-time great performances in the Rose Bowl.  The Giants could also get Derwin James, a cornerback from Florida State.  He is one of the most versatile players in college football as expectations for James are skyrocketing after an offseason spent rehabbing his knee and learning nearly every position on defense.  Expect him to line up at his usual safety spot, while also playing cornerback, linebacker and some defensive end.  And lastly, they could get Connor Williams, an offensive lineman from Texas.  Texas did give up 32 sacks, but that’s not unusual with a freshman quarterback.  Williams is the clear leader up front, a freshman All-American in 2015 and first-team All-American in 2016 who has started at left tackle since his first game.

Aaron Hook, a Sophomore who is not a Giants fan, commented,  “I think the Giants need to build through the draft and sign some big name free agents to get back on track next season”.

Billy Busacca, who is a Giants fan, inquired, “They should get back on their feet and fire Jerry Reese and Ben McAdoo”.

Hopefully, the Giants can make these major changes in the upcoming 2018-2019 season and succeed.

1 Comment

One Response to “Moves the NY Giants Should Make This Off-Season”

1. John Allen on December 7th, 2017 10:46 AM

Jerry Reese got us 2 super bowl rings but unfortunately his time is up. On the other hand McAdoo is leaving and I don’t feel bad.

• National Sports

Saquon Barkley: The Upcoming Legend

• Moves the NY Giants Should Make This Off-Season

National Sports

The Los Angeles Rams’ Offense is a Force to be Reckoned With

National News

MLB Divisional Series Playoff Picture

National Sports

Gaming: Worlds is back for 2018

National Sports

J-Flip and Jerry Cohen’s MLB Championship Series Analysis and Predictions

National Sports

MoneyBall 2.0?

National Sports

Is Baker Mayfield The Next John Elway or Brett Favre?

National Sports

Did A Potential Star Emerge This Monday?

National Sports

What happened to Le’Veon Bell?

National Sports

NHL 2018-2019 Season Preview