New Music Causes Fall Feuding

By Rebecca Sands, Staff Writer

This fall, several artists are set to release their new albums in the upcoming weeks. Not only artists such as Justin Bieber and One Direction were expected to release their new tracks, but many upcoming and comeback artists are set to debut their new tracks this fall season as well. The recently popular pop- punk band, Five Seconds of Summer, are set to release their sophomore album Sounds Good Feels Good on Friday, October 23rd which is supposed to send a positive and uplifting message to their fans about being yourself and sticking together. Along with Five Seconds of Summer, Rod Stewart will be releasing another album titled Another Country, which made his fans crazy for his 70 year old self.

“It is always exciting when new music is released in the fall because new albums have an improved sound and different messages,” says Nicole Wilkins, a senior. Justin Bieber is releasing his new album Purpose on November 13th, which he will be promoting around the world. In fact, a feud was started between Bieber and One Direction over their upcoming albums as they are set to be released on the same day.

This however, will not be the first time two artists in the same genre have competed in the charts. In 2007, rappers Kanye West and 50 Cent released their albums on the same day which aggravated fans and the artists themselves. Kanye ended up selling over 50 million albums, while 50 Cent did not even meet half of those sales.

“Watching two artists feud is exciting and dramatic, It’s like you’re on your artists team in a competition,” says Casey Grosjean, a junior. Many are speculating that One Direction will come out on top, but it will be an extremely close call for Directioners and Beliebers.