WHHS Reacts to the PSATs

By Brittany Krugel

As sophomore and junior students have now finished taking the PSATs on Wednesday, October 14th, the question is what was the reaction? This was the first year that College Board had offered the PSAT during the week, only. As mentioned in the previous article announcing that the PSATs would be held during the week, the purpose of holding the PSATs during the week was to create an equal opportunity for students to take the PSATs and do well. Most students were happy about the fact that they didn’t have to come in on a Saturday morning to take the test. “I didn’t really mind it [the test] being during the week compared to having it during the weekend. I guess it’s better because I didn’t like coming to school on a Saturday last year,” said junior, Dana Finkelstein.

It looks as if students’ positive reactions are in sync with the actual test taking experience as well. “It went pretty smoothly, we had about 665 students take the PSAT and there were no problems,” said guidance counselor, Monica Mann. While some students were skeptical about the test being held during the week, the ending result seemed overall successful. Perhaps this result will prompt College Board into holding the test during the week again in future years.