Class of 2021 Kicks Off

Freshmen President Joe Kubofcik and Vice President Yulianna Sim

By Jimmy He, Staff Writer

In the past week, thirteen freshman were elected to represent their grade as the student council for the of the class of 2021.

Joe Kubofcik was elected as president, Yulianna Sim as vice president, and Skyler Sieradzky as secretary. Along with the officers, 10 representatives were chosen as well. There is currently no treasurer for the grade.

After asking some of the newly elected student council members to weigh in on the upcoming school year, Kubofcik responded by saying that he “[had] a lot of ideas” for the spirit rally as well as activities for the rest of the school year. Kubofcik also replied that he is excited about being president and being “able to represent people I care for.”

Sim is also excited about the high school activities, saying how it would be “fun and different” than middle school. She believes that even though there has not been a meeting to plan student council activities yet, after “talking about it” everything “will be fine.” Sim also remarks that the key to making the year successful is to “get a lot of people on board” with what the fundraisers and activities the student council plans.

Gabriela Goldman, a 2021 student council representative was also interviewed for her opinion upon being elected. Goldman says that she is “excited for this amazing opportunity” of being able to represent the student body and is looking forward to the rest of the school year.

The Wayne Hills spirit rally is coming up, and students can’t wait to see what the new freshman come up with this year!