Parking In The Lot? Senior Privilege Or Not?

The topic of juniors being able to park on campus is a controversial one.

Northjersey.com

By Ashley Serventi, Staff Writer

Should juniors get the privilege to park their cars in the lot? This particular argument has been going on at WHHS for years on end. If you were to ask a senior and junior, I’m sure their answers will dramatically differ from one another. It is said that being able to park and drive at school is considered a senior privilege, and many seniors will speak about how there is not enough spots for them as well as the junior class. After asking ten seniors and ten juniors, everyone’s answers were very similar.

Every senior that was asked had almost the same the same response, as they all believed that the juniors should not be able to park in the lot due to there just not being enough available parking spots for everyone. They also said if they had to wait until senior year to park in the lot, then the juniors should not get any special privileges and they should wait their turn as well.

“Seniors should not have to worry about rushing to school in the morning just because they fear a junior could steal their spot,” says senior Brianna Disteso.

After asking the ten juniors, most responded that they do agree with the seniors that it’s unfair. However, some explain how they don’t want to have to walk all the way down Pancake Hollow on cold winter mornings. They explain a fear that as the year progresses, more and more juniors will get their license and that the road is going to be filled up.

“I understand where the seniors are coming from, but nothing’s worse than having to walk 10 minutes down Pancake in below freezing weather,” says junior Jenna Luchinksy.

This particular subject is frustrating for everyone they want everyone to be happy, but this is not possible with the amount of juniors and seniors our school has.