Are You Seeing the 20/20 Vision?

By Katie Durot, Staff Writer

It’s hard to believe that we’re already half-way through the school year! As we begin the month of February we decided to check in with our Class of 2020 and ask how they feel about their first year of high school, the experiences they’ve had so far, and the memories they have yet to make.

“I think I’m relieved that my freshmen year is halfway over. But in away it’s also kind of nerve-wracking. I’m growing up and getting older, and with age comes responsibility and freedom. I want the freedom but I’m not so sure I want the responsibility” says Jovitha Gopinath.  I’m sure we can all relate to that feeling.  “I’ve really loved my freshmen year so far and I really don’t want it to end. The only reason I think I would want it to end would be because I don’t like being in the Freshmen Cafe. I’m super excited to be in the Commons” says Nicole Collins,  “But I’ve made great new friends and  the start of high school definitely spurred a lot of change for me, which I guess is kind of cool. You know, people always tell you these crazy stories about high school and how it’s the best years of your life and I mean I’ve only experienced a half of a year of high school, but I don’t doubt that they’re one hundred percent right”. Alissa Derich says “There’s no difference for me really. I mean, I’m glad it’s almost over but there wasn’t this huge transition from the middle school to he high school.” Sydney Rogis says “My freshman year as a whole has been pretty good. It’s honestly hard to believe that it’s halfway finished. I’m really excited to be a sophomore next year though, there’s just a lot more opportunities.” 

We all remember our freshmen year, whether it be full of fond or not so fond memories. But the Class of 2020 seems to be off to a great school year and we wish them the best as they continue towards the end of the year with positive minds.