Spotlight Turns To Our Senior Class President

Ashlyn Rogalski

Senior Spotlight is on Class of 2017’s President!

By Tanasia Weaver, Staff Writer

The girl who does it all from preparing Spirit Week to giving the senior class the time of their lives at Prom and Formal, Katie Casamassina has all eyes on her this week as the Senior Spotlight of the week! Over the years, Casamassina says she doesn’t believe that the role of president has gotten more difficult, but the pressure is on to plan a successful senior breakfast and prom.

Casamassina is incredibly grateful to have her position here at WHHS. She is mostly excited to see the final product of her last spirit rally and ready to go out with a bang and win first place with her Senior class of 2017.

The Class President’s top college is High Point University in North Carolina and favorite thing she did this summer was quitting her job.

“My favorite year at Hills had to have been sophomore year,” Casamassina recalls.  “We were no longer the new kids. I knew where everything was, and the pressure of college and the real world hadn’t set in yet.”  Her advice to the rest of her class is to enjoy every minute of the year and to get out of your comfort zone. Talk to people you have never thought you’d ever have something in common with. We’re only here for a few more months, so make the best of it.

Even with the pressure of college applications, Relay for Life, and much more Katie makes the time to get things done including her school work but is sure once she knows where she will be going to school, the weight will be lifted off her shoulders so she can enjoy the rest of her last year of high school.