College Visits Set for Fall Season

By Jaclyn Dericks

When applying to colleges one can only hope that they have done everything in their power to ensure they get accepted into the school of their dreams. One great step to achieve this is to attend one of the college visits here at WHHS. As juniors and seniors are starting to prepare for college, colleges from all over the country are visiting the school a couple times a week. Right now there are about 84 scheduled visits, however more schools may be added so it is advised that students check the list on Naviance regularly so they don’t miss out. In the past years many students have signed up for these visits; more popular colleges such as Rutgers and Montclair have had up to 50 students attend, according to the Guidance Department.

Some things that the representatives of the college may talk about are, how to go about applying, what GPA and SAT scores are required for entry, what new programs have been added, and also what some of the major fields are that they have to offer. “It is a good opportunity to speak with the reps and ask questions,” Monica Mann, lead guidance counselor says.  “Additionally, most of the time the reps who visit us here at WHHS are the reps reading our students applications, so some quality face-time with the reps can only help in the admissions process,” Mann adds.  Not only will they give students an abundance of information, but it is also a great opportunity to get a feel for what they might want to study and where they may want to go.