National Art Honor Society

By Priscilla Aquino, Staff Writer

The National Art Honor Society is hosting its annual induction ceremony, usually a crowd favorite. The induction ceremony will be held March 31st in the library, but until then students should be welcome to take a peek at all the artwork. Everyone has worked really hard on their pieces all year, and it is the best feeling to see it all on display.

Art is one of the best classes to take at our school because of its ability to create with freedom of choice. Even when given the same tasks, students will create something so different from one another. We also get to keep and remember our artwork for as long as we want.

NASH members had to submit a portfolio in order to get in, and must complete services in order to remain a part of the program such as toy and food drives. One can also receive credit by creating an everlasting mural around the school or by bringing food to meetings. Also, in years past, members have created portraits and hand bags for those in need.

“I believe the best part about doing these services is creating a more beautiful world, full of color and entertainment. No two pieces are ever alike and can express so much emotion. I am really proud to be a part of NAHS and also really excited to get my tassel at the end of the year,” says Senior and President of NAHS Shayla Nolan.