NHS Induction Ceremony Welcomes New Members

By Jieun Paik, Junior Editor

The Wayne Hills chapter of the National Honor Society recently welcomed a select group of Hills students for the 2022 NHS induction.

The National Honors Society is an organization which recognizes the achievements of students. Inductees are chosen based on four pillars: scholarship, leadership, service, and character.

Members participate in several activities and services at Wayne Hills and throughout the local community. They volunteer throughout the school year on various projects, such as the recent Halloween charity event, which raised 300 dollars for the CASA association (charity for children in unstable home environments).

This year, 105 members were inducted into the National Honors Society. The event was held in the school auditorium, and president Harman Kohli made speeches, as well as other NHS officers. They spoke about the significance of being inducted into the NHS. Each officer spoke about a criteria of the club. Then, as inductees were called to the stage, their various achievements and future goals were announced to the audience.

“It was a pleasure to have so many high-achieving students at our induction and I am excited to see what they will contribute to this chapter,” said Harman Kohli, president of the NHS.

“I am proud to be a new member of the NHS and look forward to serving the community through it,” said junior Julie Bae, who was in attendance as an inductee.

Congratulations to the new members!