Students Share What They did During This Year’s Winter Break

Gianna Bernier

A Student Interviewed

By Gianna Bernier, Staff Writer

December 24 marked the first day of Winter Break, and for many students, it could not have arrived sooner. The overwhelming workload results in developed incentives for a break, and some students claim that they are not receiving as much time off as they should. 

After returning from over a year with predominantly virtual schooling, many will agree that their work ethics have completely altered, while their motivation gradually abates. This information is exceedingly pertinent, as it delineates the predicament students regularly find themselves encountering. Schooling that was once facile has morphed into arduous work that requires an extensive input of effort. As a result, savoring the time spent on any break, and, therefore, with no demanding obligations, has become more crucial than ever before.

After asking a group of Wayne Hills High School students what they did over break, the responses were relatively the same. 

Sasha Abramsky, a sophomore, very adamantly said, “Winter Break was a great time for me to relax and not worry about the constant thought of school. It was a good mental break, since the last couple of months have been so chaotic and busy regarding both school, as well as COVID.”

Sophomore Kara Langbaum said, “This break I enjoyed sleeping in and getting to hang out with my friends and family.” 

Mya Tsuboi, a sophomore, said, “I went to Virginia to see my family for Christmas and went to Pennsylvania after. This break was very relaxing and allowed me to de-stress after successive weeks of work.” 

Sophomore Ariana Aray said that during the break, she enjoyed relaxing and spending time with her family. 

All of these students strongly agreed with the statement that Winter Break was a much-needed intermission that granted time to those who struggle to focus on themselves. 

With news of a spike in COVID-19 cases, many students had responsibly decided to take precautions, but even so, they were still able to safely enjoy the time that they had on break.