This Spring, Go Blonde!

By Hannah Lee and Kaitlynn Ponceca

It’s that time of year again when the school calls for a cast to play in the annual musical! Last week, auditions were held to examine who was fit enough to play each part. This year’s play is Legally Blonde! This work has already been made into a movie, but not once has it been performed at WHHS.

“Well, the audition was nerve racking, waiting outside and then walking down the aisle of the auditorium. But in the end, it was a lot of fun and an amazing experience. I can’t wait for the show! I have a feeling that these next few months are going to the best of my sophomore year.”, said Annisa Morales Logue, sophomore.

Legally Blonde is about Elle Woods, a sorority girl who’s just been dumped by her boyfriend, Warner. She figures out that if she wants him back, she has to prove she can be serious for him. What does she do next? She decides to follow him to Harvard Law School and get accepted there. But Warner has a new girlfriend named Vivienne and with Professor Callahan at her throat, Elle has to work hard to gain respect and win Warner back. Along the way, Elle finds herself developing a passion for law and realizes that her true love just might have been standing beside her all along.

Many auditioned for both main characters and minor characters. However, there would only be one lucky person to play the lead, Elle Woods. That lucky person is Kaitlyn Kerwin.

“I am so honored and excited to be playing the role of Elle Woods! I love Elle’s story because she rises above the ‘dumb blonde’ stereotype and stays true to herself even when others try to change her. Her self-determination and self-confidence are so inspiring, and I can’t wait to bring her character to life on stage with the rest of the amazingly talented cast!”, said Kaitlyn Kerwin, senior.

WHHS Students can feel that this year’s cast will be stupendous. The decided cast members of the show have huge experience in performing. Others who were cast are:

• Sam Applebaum as Emmett, male lead, and Elle’s love interest
  • Shannah Harris as Paulette, the hairdresser
  • Matt Ferrara as Callahan
  • Alice Bernstein as a member of Elle’s Greek Chorus
  • Lindsey Vanas as a sales girl

To find out just how great they are, continue to check in to find out about the dates of the show!