Chamber Choir Adds a Dash of Music to the Wayne Tree Lighting!

By Samantha Segreto, Staff Writer

With beautiful harmonies and unique displays of Christmas classics, the WHHS Chamber Choir dazzled the audience at the annual Wayne Tree Lighting. The event took place in front of the Wayne Municipal Building on Thursday night at 6:30 while countless families surrounded the singers and marveled as holiday spirit joyfully filled the air. The group performed a variety of songs including: “Joy to the World”, “Jingle Bells”, “Deck the Halls”, and many more. Bundled up in winter coats, the girls stayed close together to keep warm in the fairly cold conditions. Children in the audience smiled with happiness and pure delight as the beauty of the most wonderful time of the year was truly shown.

At approximately 7 o’clock, everyone watched in awe as all of the colorful lights came to life around the entire extent of the building. This being her first experience, Annisa Morales-Logue, sophomore stated, “It was such an amazing experience with the rest of the Chamber Choir that I can now call family”. It was most definitely a tradition that the girls will keep in their hearts forever.

Billy Joel once said, “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music”. The Chamber Choir girls used their voices to communicate with the members of the Wayne community through music in all of its glory.