Knicks Come Off to a Solid Start

By Jake Goldberg, Junior Editor

After the first eleven games of the season, the New York Knicks come up with five wins.  This is surprisingly seen as quite good considering the elite teams they have played so far: the Spurs, Cavaliers, and the Raptors.

Although the Knicks have lost several games, it is nice to see, in perspective of the fans, that the team has been extremely competitive after last season with only 17 wins.  They almost beat an NBA team with a player as great as LeBron James.  On Friday, November 15, the Knicks were able to hold a comfortable lead until halfway through the fourth quarter, where Lebron James showed his toughness and determination.

Another unexpected topic is the quick adapting rookie Kristaps Porzingis.  The Latvian is currently averaging 11.5 points and a strong statistic of 8.8 rebounds.  As thin as he is, he seems to be making some sort of impact on the crowd as well as the players.  “Porzingis has brought his big playmaking ability to the Knicks offense and has aided them to a near .500 start,” says sophomore John Stadler.  Stadler also claims that “Knicks could contend for a low seed in the playoffs” with the additional help of Arron Afflalo.

As of now, the Knicks are looking like a decent team who can possibly make the playoffs.  However, the main contributors, including Carmelo Anthony and Afflalo, need to stay healthy in order for the team to have a chance.  However, it is so early in the season that one never knows what the ultimate outcome will be for this organization which is why it is important to keep watching and to stay updated.