Solve the Puzzle. Escape the Room. Find the Clues or Die.

By Bettina Rosario, Staff Writer

Directed by Adam Robitel, the new drama-horror movie, Escape Room, was released on January 4th.

The movie follows six strangers who take part in an escape room game and find themselves locked inside of the room, having all the tools and weapons in the room being real. The characters, not expecting this fearful turn, must survive and find a way to escape.

“I guess I was interested to watch the movie since it reminded me of SAW. I absolutely love the SAW series and I thought something within the same kind of aspect would be pretty cool,” sophomore Thomas Graham said.

This film aims to get a scare out of viewers, and it is ultimately a mind game when viewers put themselves into the characters’ shoes.

“I do have to say that it wasn’t too original thinking back on other movies like SAW. But it did have a nice concept to the game and why they choose who they choose to play the game,” Graham added. “I’d try to strategize as best as I can and find some way of escape without panicking and killing off anyone. It made me a little more paranoid and made me think, ‘what if this [happens] to me, what would I do?’”

Known actors and actresses in the film include Deborah Ann Woll, Taylor Russell, and Tyler Labine. The nearest movie theaters showing Escape Room are the AMC Loews Wayne movie theater and the AMC Garden State theater. The movie is rated PG-13 due to its horror, violence, and some suggestive material/language. The budget for the film was an estimated $10,000,000, and it is 100 minutes (an hour and forty minutes).