What is Student Council doing to prepare for Spirit Week?

By Alison Har and Nedeen Khashashina

As Spirit Week approaches, the WHHS student council members do their best to prepare for the school event by dedicating their time and effort both during and after school to create posters and decorations, as well as raise money through fundraisers and events.

Spirit week is an especially important week for both council members and students as it is both exciting and fun. While student council works hard to organize the events, students show their appreciation by supporting and participating in the events planned for them.

As a part of the event, council members “make a bunch of posters and currently paint a lot of posters and collect a lot of cans for Wayne families in need,” as stated by sophomore student council representative, Noah Kaplan.

Each of the four classes are entering spirit week with the objective of winning. “We’re spending a lot of time making sure all our posters look great and preparing for can collections and making sure our grade can do our best to win,” commented junior student council representative, Jimmy He.

Spirit week is a fun way to interact with the school and get everyone excited. Student council’s dedication is the reason that Wayne Hills’ spirit week flourishes, and their support is most definitely appreciated.