How to Improve Students’ Performance in the Classroom

How to Improve Students Performance in the Classroom

By Rebecca Sands, Staff Writer

In today’s society, there are several things that can influence a student’s performance in the classroom. Technology, social media, and the teachers themselves can affect the energy in the classroom. School has drastically changed over the past decade, and will continue to develop and improve in the upcoming years. Every student has different opinions on what would make for a better school environment and what they would improve.

“I would like my classes to be more involved with technology because I like working hands on,” says Tatiana Nikitina, a senior. Lately, more teachers have been trying to experiment with bringing technology and social media into the learning environment of the classroom because they learn new skills from it as well. For example, the marketing classes have created a twitter page where they can update students and staff about exciting events happening around WHHS.

Students also believe that they should have more freedom in the classroom to express themselves and their creativity. “If everyone feels comfortable in a class, they are more likely to participate which makes for a better learning environment,” says Catherine Jiga, a senior. Teachers today need to find fun and creative ways of teaching to keep students interested in the subjects. The duration of the school day can drag for some students, but if teachers continue to make learning more student- oriented, many students will be more likely to be successful in school.