Scorpion is Making its Hit Debut in Wayne Hills

By Milana Shindelman, Staff Writer

Based on an informal poll, more than 200 students in WHHS rated Drake’s album, Scorpion is higher than eight other artists.
Drake released his fifth album Scorpion on June 29, 2018. According to Billboard.com, “In My Feelings,” has been the number one song for 10 weeks already.
“In My Feelings” is about the different crushes that Drake has had in the past like Keshia (Keke) Chanté. Not only does he give honorable mentions, But The Quality Control Signees also recorded a fresh feature just for Drizzy(Drake).
Throughout the song, Drake sampled other artists’ songs from the past like Jennifer Lopez, Kirisha, JT, and that is the key to what gets people’s attention. At the end of the music video, he even shows a quick glimpse of an episode in Donald Glover’s FX show, “Atlanta.”
One of the avid listeners of Drake’s music is Ani Xeka, a sophomore, at said, “All of Drake’s songs are pretty catchy. He always keeps his music fresh.” Not only do students listen to Drake but also teachers too like.
“Growing up, I have always liked Drake because he was in a tv show Degrassi. Also, I went to his concert that made me enjoy his music more,” -Brianne Koribanick, an English teacher.
Singles like “God’s plan,” “Nice for What,” “I’m Upset,” “Don’t Matter to Me,” “In My Feelings,” and “Nonstop,” have reached top ten on the US Billboard Hot 100, but “God’s Plan,” “Nice For What,” and “In My Feelings,” reached number one.
All 25 songs were listed on July 14, 2018, on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.