Spring Musical Preview

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring Musical Preview

Some cast members of the Adams Family hanging out.
(Pictured: Jade He, Veronica Gail, Dezi Tulipano, Christina Silvestri, Brandon Kim, Katie Durot, Dylan Catania, Kat Benedict, Kyle Dunnigan, and Joey Vitale).

Some cast members of the Adams Family hanging out. (Pictured: Jade He, Veronica Gail, Dezi Tulipano, Christina Silvestri, Brandon Kim, Katie Durot, Dylan Catania, Kat Benedict, Kyle Dunnigan, and Joey Vitale).

By Alexa DiFiore and Matthew Verret

The cast of the upcoming spring musical, The Addams Family, is excited to present this fun and lively show to the Wayne Hills student body in March.

The cast of The Addams Family is dedicated to making the play as perfect as possible with all the hard work they have been putting in. The cast practices 6 days a week and 3-4 hours a day.

“There is always someone on stage practicing at some hour of the day, even when I am not there,” said Joseph Fleissner, English teacher, and music director for The Addams Family.

“The play is very detailed with quick lyrics, making it extra challenging to remember the parts. [However,] as much as we practice we also have fun; the best part is the Latin flair the play gives with one of the lead characters, Gomez, who is being played by Dylan Catania” Fleissner adds.

The cast became a close-knit family and share memories both on and off stage.

“I love being able to do what I love with the people I love. I think the audience really will enjoy how the daughter Wednesday falls in love with a normal kid and how the Addams family is far from normal,”  said Isabelle Wilders, junior who plays the grandma.

The show’s producers, directors, and cast are hoping for more than 300 people to show. The show will be performed on March 15, 16, and 17th, and tickets will be sold at lunch during the week of the show and at the door.

About the Writer
Matthew Verret, Staff Writer

Matthew Verret, current Junior, is one of the numerous new journalists to join The Patriot Press. Matthew joined The Patriot Press in September of 2017....