What Colleges Will You Apply To?

By Jaclyn Dericks

With over 4,800 colleges and universities within the U.S it can be very difficult to choose a single one that you want to attend. Here at Wayne Hills,  we have college visits which gives you more information about selected colleges. Some of the more popular visits are Boston University, The College of New Jersey, Rutgers University, University of Rhode Island, Kean University, Monmouth University, and Rowan University. Some may want to stay close to home, but still live on campus to get the whole college experience. “I like Monmouth University because it is a short ride home, but far enough away.” Says WHHS senior Tom Bush. There are  many schools to apply to that are only a short distance from home, yet far enough to still dorm on campus. On the other hand, many students like to get far away from home like WHHS senior, Brooke Baldino, “I would like to go to High Point University because I can see myself living there and it is far where I can get away.”   

Whether you want to get away or stay close to home, there is an abundance of schools to apply to. Some factors that you may want to consider when choosing a college are admission rate, school size, jobs right out of school, curriculum, on-campus living, location, meal plans, etc. You want to choose the college that you feel comfortable at, one where you can see yourself living. You may feel like there are too many choices, however,  there are so many colleges and universities out there you are bound to find the right fit somewhere.