Do Teachers Overload On Work Towards The End Of The Marking Period?

By Ashley Serventi, Staff Writer

Do teachers over load at the end of the marking period? The answer varies. But the question is, are teachers intentionally giving more work towards the end of that quarter to bombard the students with extra unnecessary work, or are they doing it for benefits there students will get from it?

Most students agree that they like the extra work at the end of the marking period. “I personally like when my teachers give more work right before the marking period ends. I like that they give us another chance to boost up our grades,” says junior Diana Rondi.

However, some students find it overwhelming and stressful. “ I would never want a kid to feel overwhelmed at the end of the marking period. I find myself personally giving more work because kids are asking for extra grades at the end of the marking periods,” says history teacher Robert Hittinger when asked if and why he gives more work on the end of quarters.

The teachers and most of the student body can all agree it is only done for the benefits of the students. When asked, multiple teachers answered saying they would never do it intentionally to overwhelm the kids and lower their grades. Instead a majority of the teachers use it as a final opportunity for the students to get their grades up.