WHHS Student of the Month

By Gianna Petruccelli

The Student of the Month program, which began last year at Hills, is a program used to highlight students for going above and beyond and helping others without being asked. The program is led by Ms. King and run by the Climate Team at Wayne Hills.

Students are chosen based on their demonstration of six pillars: respect, responsibility, fairness, trustworthiness, caring, and citizenship. Ms. King says, “For the team, the Student of the Month represents what we want Hills to be known for. There is so much focus on the bad in the world but we know students are doing amazing, selfless things all the time.”

The Climate Team uses the Student of the Month as an opportunity to inspire students to do more good in the schools, which will, in hopes, change the overall climate of Wayne Hills for the better.

This month’s Student of the Month is senior Olivia Anderle. Her picture will be displayed in the display case outside of the media center, and so will the picture of the Highlighted teacher.

Many students have been aspiring to be the Student of the Month, in fact, it has been said by many former students of the month, that it is truly an honor to be one.

“It felt so rewarding to be the Student of the Month. I was chosen for saving the T.V. program money,” says junior Josh Kashman.

The continuation of the Student of the Month program will hopefully spread some positivity around Wayne Hills!