Engineering Club

By Dan Kang, Writer

The engineering club was started at the beginning of the year by advisor Ms. Sherger and some of her former students. There are six categories in which to participate at the Physics Olympics: Fermi Questions, Cantilever, Bernoulli Ball, Collapsing Tower, Egg Catcher, Zero-Impact Vehicle. The Physics Olympics will take place on Saturday, January 16th at Monmouth Regional High School, Tinton Falls, NJ. The members of the team have been doing well with the activities and the president of the club, Divya Yagnamurthy, anticipates much success at the main event in January. A lot of people have been showing interest in engineering by consistently showing up at the meetings and committing their time to building great projects.

She says, “The goal of this club is to expose like-minded students to the world of engineering, encourage them to express themselves, share their love for engineering, and allow their own passion for engineering to grow. I’m also excited because of how great an impact the engineering club has had on many students in just 5 months. After the Physics Olympics, we are planning to conduct more engineering build-a-thons and invite guest speakers.” The engineering club clearly has a defined vision and it’s still not too late to join this amazing club!