Popular TV Shows – Stranger Things

By Daniel Kang, Assistant Senior Editor

Maybe you watched the hit show Stranger Things on Netflix over the summer. Maybe you didn’t. But I think everyone can agree that this show has been in the minds of a lot of people. It has now become a highly rated show after many people heard through word-of-mouth and started watching it. The show is defined by its references to older movies and TV shows and nostalgic soundtrack. It is a mixture of science fiction, fantasy, and horror and follows the adventures of four young kids as they try to find out what happened to their friend, Will. Meanwhile, the rest of the town is troubled by other disappearances and attacks by a mysterious creature. Do not fear, it has already been renewed for a second season consisting of 9 episodes next year in the spring with its adolescent stars receiving many accolades for their performances. Season 1 consists of 8 episodes of about 50 minutes each. The show itself does not contain a lot of violence or sex so it is rated TV-14.

Arjun Gurumurugan said, “I really liked how the whole season kind of roleplayed a game of dungeons and dragons. And it’s cool because it’s how the show starts off and ends. My favorite character is the sheriff.” It must be a riveting show since many other students and faculty members have mentioned binge-watching the show, which is to continually watch a TV show without stopping. If you haven’t watched it already, make some time to watch it!