Projects And Improvements At Wayne Hills High School

By Leizl Carlo, Staff Writer

In the summer of 2022, the Wayne Township Public Schools Facilities Department went forward with facilities projects and improvements in schools throughout town. The projects and improvements were presented at Wayne Day on September 18th, 2022. Although most improvements may have gone unnoticed to Wayne Hills students, the improvements related to our school are.

A noticeable project that was completed in September is the new floors in the Gifford Gym AKA the big gym. The gym floor suffered water damage so they had to change and restore the floor. The overall layout of the gym floor is the same because it is a basketball court but there are some minor changes. Instead of a black border around the court, the new floors have a maroon border. In addition, the maroon areas within the three point lines are now just a darker wood.

The old gym floor:

A screenshot from Hills Vs Lakeland Boys’ Volleyball game, May 11, 2022

The new gym floor (currently occupied by gymnastics equipment):

Several not as noticeable improvements here at Hills were with the ball fields, Project Adventure Equipment, and Press Box at the back of the school. Some students can agree that these improvements were not as noticeable as the gym floor. Senior Gianna Passaro expressed a liking for the gym floor but when hearing about the other improvements listed she said, “What when did they do that”

As for the projects themselves, the ball fields’ dirt, equipment outside, and the color of the Press Box at the football field have been changed. Unfortunately, before pictures could not be obtained.

Ball field:

From Wayne Day 2022 Facilities Slideshow

Project Adventure Equipment:

Press Box:

Some other improvements done were at other schools like Wayne Valley, who had their boilers replaced.

New boilers:

From Wayne Day 2022 Facilities

To see the other improvements and updates done in our school district check out this link to the Wayne Day 2022 Presentations!