What happened to Le’Veon Bell?

By Luke Kaplan, Staff Writer

As a not-so-proud fantasy football owner of Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell, I am certainly concerned about his contract dispute with the Pittsburgh Steelers. After declining to attend any team practices until receiving his desired salary, the star running back has been replaced with James Conner.

Last year, Le’Veon Bell rushed for 1,291 yards and 9 touchdowns, causing him to be the second best running back in the NFL, after only, the Rams’ Todd Gurley. Despite his phenomenal production over the last five years, avid Steelers fans Julia Galesi and Joe Kubofcik both agree that Bell is in the wrong.

Although the Pittsburgh Steelers are open to trading Bell, sophomore Joe Kubofcik doubts that this is even a possibility. Joe insists, “Nobody will offer Le’Veon what the Steelers offered him so he will eventually come back.”

At this rate, it seems as if Bell will not return to their lineup until he is forced to play the last six games of the season in order to become a free agent in 2019.

Former Steelers linebacker James Harrison advises Bell to fake an injury when that time comes, saying, “For me, I’d give you everything at practice. You’d see — the cameras would see — that I’m fine, I’m healthy. But come Saturday, something ain’t right. I can’t play on Sunday. Because if I go out here and I mess something up, I’m losing a lot of money.”

As for James Conner, Week 1 of the season certainly showed that he is an explosive player, racking up 31 attempts for 135 yards and 2 touchdowns. However, sophomore Julia Galesi is not convinced that he is as consistent as Le’Veon, remarking, “Even though Conner is doing good, Bell is still better.”