Draft Day

USA Today

David Njoku, whose brothers play at Wayne Hills, will expect to hear his name in the first round of the NFL Draft.

By Tessa Peloso, Staff Writer

Draft day, the moment every college football rookie has dreamed about, playing professional football. Wayne Hills student Evidence Njoku’s brother David is a top ranked player in the 2017 draft this year. The best of the best college football players will be drafted onto an NFL team on April 27th. Some predictions are made every year on who will be in the first round and what team each player will go too, but the rumors will fly and it is all said and done on that very exciting day.

The NFL teams that had the worst seasons will pick first, and the best college football players will get chosen earliest. It is a huge win for an NFL team in need of an all around player and not so good feeling for the college football player knowing he is going to a team that is not the best. But at the end of the day, those lucky men who will get chosen finally get their dreams to become a reality. All of the hard work, blood, sweat and tears have paid off. The 4-year minimum base salaries for players in this year’s draft are as follows: $450,000 (Year 1), $525,000 (Year 2), $600,000 (Year 3), $675,000 (Year 4). Not only do they get the chance to play the game they love, they get paid for it.

Wayne Hills Senior, Evidence Njoku, who might hear his name called on draft day in upcoming years, has a brother who will get drafted some time in the first round. Evidence had some kind words for his brother’s hard work, saying, “The hard work and training was brutal at the University of Miami, but in the end, it worked out benefiting him. I think I’m looking forward to my family and friends enjoying the moment and supporting David and how exciting it will be.”