Confusion Over Paris Inn’s Puzzling Closing

By Jenna Sundel, Staff Writer

One of Wayne’s most famous fancy restaurants and event venue has mysteriously closed. The Paris Inn closed recently after fifty years of business. They were known for their delicious pastas, high end entrees, and great event space. Many people are now scrambling to find a new event venue, and are frustrated that the owners had not even called them. Many had already paid their deposits and have not received refunds, despite the fact that the owner, Antonio Petrisis, said he would give all of the money back. So far, no one knows the true reason for the restaurant closing. Many believe what the owner has said that it was a, “personal choice. Other believe there is another reason that the owner does not want to reveal.

“It’s really strange that they closed without giving any notice. It was a great restaurant,” says sophomore Megan Kick.

Then, the owner suddenly announced that the closing was planned because they wanted to renovate. This seems hard to believe because they would have not allowed people to book events during the renovation period, or at least given them some notice. The owner refused to tell a NorthJersey.com reporter when this “renovation” will be done. Also, Yelp has the restaurant listed as “permanently closed”

The doors are locked and there are smashed windows that have not been fixed, which provides more evidence that the restaurant is closed for good.

“I hope they reopen soon and decide not to close it,” says sophomore Sophia Eshieleh.

As of now there are many unknown factors, and they may not ever be revealed. The one thing that is certain is that the Paris Inn will be greatly missed.

For any who are searching for a new place to hold their event, the Village Inn, also located in Wayne, has promised to try and take as many Paris Inn clients as possible.