Peischl Name Living on at Hills

By Tessa Peloso, Staff Writer

The Peischl name around Wayne Hills is a name everyone knows. Michael Peischl, a 2006 Hills graduate, left a great legacy at WHHS. He once played football for the Patriots and  is back coaching and loving every minute of it. After his high school football career, he went off to play four years of college football at Muhlenberg College. Peischl graduated in 2010 with degrees in Accounting and Business Administration.

Peischl is one of four who attended and continue to attend Wayne Hills. His oldest sister Stephanie who graduated in 2003, was a four -year member of the marching band and three- year member of the winter guard. His younger sister Mary, who was a four- year cheerleader, basketball, and softball player graduated in 2015. She now studies at Delaware Valley University and is enjoying her experience there. Youngest brother Joe, who also plays football for the Patriots will be graduating this upcoming 2017 school year, he stated what it is like seeing his brother in school and on the sideline. Peischl commented on what he loved the most when he was a former high school student -athlete.

“Other than seeing my name in the paper?  I enjoyed everything about being a member of the Wayne Hills community,” Peischl said.  “I obviously enjoyed playing sports (and winning), but it is all the other stuff that I remember the most – the jokes, the drama, that proverbial ‘high school experience’.”

Peischl entered his second year coaching for the Patriots in September and is glad to be back under the lights on Friday Nights.

“Coaching is a great experience because it scratches that competitive itch for me. I would love to be able to go back out there on a Friday night under the lights one more time, but my time has past, and it’s great to be able to help this group of kids have, the same great experience I did.”