WHHS Alumni: Christina Ventimiglia

WHHS Alumni: Christina Ventimiglia

By Jaclyn Dericks, Contributor

Christina Ventimiglia, or Venti as the students call her, is among a few of WHHS alumni who has come back to the school as a teacher. Students today know of her as the 12th grade assistant principal, however she first started out at Hills as an English teacher.

Venti graduated WHHS in 1998, and then attended Penn State University, and continued on to go to Columbia Teacher’s College for her masters. Ever since she sat in Ms. Vara’s class in ninth grade, she realized how cool it would be to have a job where she could talk about books, since she had always been an avid reader, and from there her love for educational professions only grew.

Working at WHHS was not a set plan for her all throughout high school, however once she graduated college, job offers were coming up all over the place and it just happened to work out. “Besides – Wayne is a very good school district so when looking for a job – it made sense to work in a place that values education,” says Venti. It was also easier for her to transition into teaching at WHHS, since she had already worked as a substitute here during her junior and senior years of college.

Venti was always one to value her time at WHHS, both as a student, and now as a teacher. “I always enjoyed being a student at Wayne Hills and loved my teachers and the intellectualism they brought to the classroom. I tried my best to live up to those standards as a teacher myself,” Venti says.