Humans of Wayne Hills – Daria Mikhol

By Nick Tulino

The WHHS community is a large and welcoming place for both students and teachers alike. There is always something for everyone and is never short on activities to participate in. Everyone plays a roll in insuring that students have the best time they could possibly have while in high school.

One of these students in the community is Senior Daria Mikhol. Mikhol participates in the WHHS girls fencing team as well as the marching band. Last season, she went 21-14  and is continuing her fencing career in the 2015-2016 school year. According to teammates, she is not just a player on the team, but also a great friend who always livens up practice and games. Her and her teammates are currently practicing for the upcoming season having their first game on Friday 17, 4:30 P.M. at WHHS. Mikhol also has a special appreciation for the dedication and work it takes to make all the great programs at WHHS work.

“I grew up in Wayne Hills and it is where I became who I am today. I met a lot of new people and made a bunch of good friends. The community means a lot to me and I hope everyone in it feels the same as I do.” says Mikhol. As a human of Wayne Hills, working hard and giving effort are virtues sure to be shown throughout the rest of her high school experience.